December 19th the East Coast got a record breaking snowstorm. They had been forecasting it, but can you always believe the weatherman? When I got up that morning it had just started to snow. (I still get up early on the weekends, sad but true.) So I still wasn't convinced that we'd get the whopper of a storm that had already shut down the airports. But, by 9 a.m. when McKinley's ballet class was suppossed to start it was
really snowing hard and blowing and cold. I took her to ballet (I grew up in Colorado)
but we got there and no one was there. (I guess they assumed people wouldn't come out in that weather.) So we went to the grocery store instead. There was no milk left on the shelves. (Thankfully we didn't need any, plus we have plenty of the instant stuff. :-) It just cracks me up how people go nuts when a heavy snow is predicted. It was the same way when we lived in South Carolina.
Later that afternoon the kids went out to play in it. I went out with the camera. BRRRRR! The sledding didn't last too long because it was soooo cold. Of course the boys had to check out the retention pond for ice skating purposes. On Sunday morning it was time to dig out and make snow forts and sled some more. Being the early risers that we are, we had just finished shoveling when our good neighbor came out with his monster snow blower and started clearing everyone's walks and driveways. We should have slept in that morning and saved our backs! So we enjoyed a white christmas, but by the next weekend it warmed up and started to rain, melting most of the snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment