Friday, January 7, 2011

The Lunar Eclipse

It wasn't my intention to stay up, or get up, to watch the lunar eclipse, but at 12:30 a.m. we were awakened by approaching sirens that stopped close by and were lined up on the street behind our house. One of the houses in our neighborhood had caught fire. We could see the smoke from our back deck. And the firefighters spotlights were on the house and you could hear them talking through the bull horn. It was crazy and rather unsettling to have that happen so close. I wasn't able to go back to sleep so I figured I'd take advantage of the insomnia and take some pictures of the lunar eclipse. I'm not a very good photographer and the camera wasn't cooperating. The first pic is at the very beginning. The second is the full eclipse. It was cool to see first hand despite the circumstances.

No comments: