 |
| Taft left this note for me on the kitchen counter. He's a real sweetheart! |
We don't put much stock in Valentine's Day at our house. I figure if the ones you love don't already know you love them or need a day to show it, then you're in trouble! I remember my dad used to go to the store the day after Valentine's day and buy the discounted candy for my mom. I thought that was a rather clever and frugal idea that I adopted. Although this year, since we still had candy in the house from Halloween and Christmas I figured we could all do without. Here are just a couple of little things that my kids have done recently to show their love for me.
 |
| McKinley wrote this in the snow on the driveway during one of our snowstorms. |
And lest you think that the teenagers don't show their love for me...Madison texts me that she loves me and both she and Taylor frequently request hugs from their mama. There's nothing better than being the mom to the bestest kids ever. (Although I've got to be truthful here, there are times I want to ring their necks. :-) But I do feel rather fortunate to have the kids I've got.
 |
| My attempt at Valentine crafty/edible creations. My kids were surprised that I actually made them. I guess they know me too well. I'm definitely NOT Martha Stewart. :-) So you know it was easy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment