Here is Taylor in his senior picture. His high school makes everyone wear the same thing for pictures. It was actually taken last Spring. This Fall he completed applications to both the University of Denver and Brigham Young University. He was accepted to both with DU naming Taylor a Provost Scholar and offering him a scholarship. BYU also offered him a scholarship and has sent him information about participating in their honors program. Presently he's 7th in his class of nearly 500 students. He's taken six Advanced Placement courses and has a GPA of 4.37. I know I'm bragging, but forgive me...I'm his mother and it's my blog so it's my right to brag. I'm just glad he's so smart and it comes relatively easy for him. I'm most grateful for the fact that he's such a good person with incredible character and integrity. We're truly blessed. Although he's definitely got senioritis. The boy that used to be on-time to seminary and always made his bed has kind of fallen off the wagon. :-) Maybe my frustration with him will make the separation easier...I doubt it.
Taylor has chosen to attend BYU, his parents' alma mater. He selects his housing this week and as I was looking at options on-line I had one of those moments where I could see him there with the rest of our family saying goodbye and it made me cry. I'm so proud of him and know he will do so well in life on his own, but I know it will never be the same once we leave him at school. What happened to the little baby boy that we so desperately prayed for to be bright and healthy and whole? We've been blessed beyond measure. He's going to do wonderful things in this world.
Here's Taylor in Denver Children's Hospital still attached to lots of tubes and wires after his surgery. |
Here he is wearing his daddy's shoes. Now his feet are bigger than his daddy's. |



No comments:
Post a Comment