Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Madison Turns Sweet Sixteen!
Madison turned 16 on May 7th. So here are a few pictures from the day. I offered some exciting birthday options but she decided to keep it low key. Her good friend Megan and her mom (my good friend) Alison left 16 balloons on our porch with some of Madison's favorite candy attached. Madison loves the chocolate cake at Ikea and wanted that for her birthday cake. I called to see if I could buy a whole one and they said no. (Lame...since we all know they have to cut those slices from a whole.) So that meant I had to try and recreate a similar cake at home. It wasn't exactly the same but it was still yummy...chocolate cake, chocolate mouse and chocolate ganache combined in a single, sinful creation! She and I went and got mani-pedis. It was a first for both of us. We went out for burgers at Red Robin and the manager gave us a Mud Pie for her birthday instead of the usual little sundae. He said it was because Taylor was such a hard-working busser! We went home and she opened presents and then got gussied up to attend a multi-stake Mormon Prom in Cherry Hill, NJ. Her brother chauffered she and Megan. They had a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment