 |
| Getting ready for the concert. |
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir went on tour this summer and one of their stops was in Philly. So of course I had to get tickets. I LOVE their music! The love of choral music stems from the fact that I sang in choirs in high school and college at BYU and then in the Colorado Mormon Chorale. The MoTab's director, Mack Wilberg, was the director of the concert choir at BYU while I was there. He has arranged many of the songs they sing. So I can sing along to some of the arrangements I sang at BYU. Anyway, I have a connection to the choir and there is nothing like music to lift the soul and invite the spirit. The concert was at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts, an outdoor ampitheater. We sat on the lawn, looked out over the city and ate a picnic lunch before it started. It was a fabulous evening!
 |
| The kids hooked up with friends from church. |
 |
| Not the best picture but here's the choir. |
No comments:
Post a Comment